Sunday, June 20, 2010

Artist's Corner: A Haiku on Bliss


Lately, I've been feeling moved to write poetry again. It's been the strangest thing, because for a while there I thought I'd sort of moved past that point in my life. Apparently I haven't though, and I can't begin to tell you how glad this makes me. I absolutely adore poetry. All that emotion, captured beautifully and compactly into just a few words. In high school I would write poetry at the back of my notes during class whenever I felt bored. In those days writing was my source of escape. In many ways, it still is now actually, but for whatever reason I haven't felt such an intense need to paint a picture with my words since then. That is what poetry is to me, by the way. It is the creation of a poignant vivid visual experience by using experienced emotions as your paintbrush and words as your paint.

I'm really glad I'm writing poetry again. It's my purest form of self-expression.


Here is my latest haiku, inspired by the theme of bliss.

Bliss

Bright Bursts of colour:
sprinkles of rain mixed with dazzling light
on a summer's day.

Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. What does poetry mean to you? What is your purest form of self-expression? What is making you happy today? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment