Friday, April 2, 2010

Life's Little Lessons: Learn to Laugh at Yourself


From: We Heart It


Dearest Devotees,

As some of you may know I went to a boarding secondary school for my junior high and high school experiences. What you don't know is that I can hardly remember my first 3 years at the school because they were some of the worst years in my life. I can remember feeling really awkward, and experiencing bouts of depression, because some people were mean to me and by my last year I had developed some serious self-confidence issues. However, after having one of the best summers in my life, and being able to take some time away from school to rediscover myself, I was able to come away from the experience with quite a few lessons about myself and life. One of the most important lessons I'd learnt was to laugh at myself every once in a while.

It's incredible how much this lesson changed me. Slowly my feelings of self hatred and over- awareness began to leave. I became more outgoing, more willing to take risks and learn from and laugh at my mistakes. I stopped beating myself up over every little thing and started to care less and less about what other people thought about me. Years later, I barely recognise the girl I used to be. Oh I am definitely still awkward sometimes but I will be the first person to laugh it off and let it go. I am much more confident in my abilities and most importantly I am beginning to believe and have faith in myself.

So I'm going to close this out with two youtube vlog posts by Natalie Tran of Community Channel. She helps me remember that being able to laugh at yourself and the random situations you find yourself in enables to grow in self love and general happiness.


Love you all and Stay inspired,





P.S. So let me know what you think. Do you know how to laugh off awkward situations you find yourself in? Do you judge yourself too harshly? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
P.P.S Nat doesn't do only songs. I just think these are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment