Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid

Photo from: yenstefanie


Dearest Devotees,

After our inspiration packed week, I've got to say, I was wondering if I should even publish a seeking inspiration post today. But I decided that the show must go on and when I heard the song Story by Anna Leddra-Chapman, I knew that I had to share it with you. The song basically talks about love and how all relationships, even when they've ended, become a part of the story of your life. I absolutely adored the music video because it largely consisted of Anna walking around taking pictures with an instant camera. An instant camera, darlings! Just in case you haven't noticed, I am currently head-over-heels in love with cameras and everything to do with photography.


My first camera was one of those barbie instant polaroid cameras and I just loved the way you could take a picture and have a ready-made photo in your hand in seconds. Watching this video made me recall those days, and reminded me of how wonderful it would be to make a picture story of a fabulous trip using instant photos. You could use your camera to take pictures all day and write cute and funny captions on the bottoms of the pictures at the end of each day. Then at the end of your trip you could put them into a gorgeous antique album or on a board above your home/dorm room desk. Either way all the photos will tell you a lovely story that you can relive anytime you see them.


I want to start doing an inspirational exercise every week. I'm going to post either a polyvore set or photograph here, give my translation (into my favorite art form of the week) and invite you to give me yours. Think of it as weekly exercise on the skills that you may have picked up in the artistic retreat. So here's the first one.









Photo from:Randy



Jenny sat on her yard staring past the ancient rustic fence separating her from the rest of the world.

''Why would they leave me?" she pondered silently. Yesterday had been pretty normal, at least it had been for her family. They had all come together for a quiet but otherwise average dinner with neither of her foster parents bothering to make small talk. Granted they had hinted that they would not tolerate her generally abysmal behaviour at school any longer, but she had told them that the teacher really had been making inappropriate advances towards her. Just because the principal hadn't believed her and had assumed she was insulting him because of a bad grade, and had subsequently suspended her didn't mean that she was lying. She had gone back to the Mayers' expecting them to give her a chance to explain. But they didn't. Instead, she woke up this morning to an empty home and a letter explaining their decision to send her back to the social worker.



Sad, she wasn't. She was livid.



And here are my favorite links for the week:



I am totally loving the Make Your Life Amazing month series on Charade, but I especially love this post on picturing your amazing self.


This post by Cafe Fashionista is helping me battle the dull weather (read rainy) weather blues.

This outfit post by Keiko Lynn has some of the most gorgeous pictures I've seen in a long while.


I love Catie's decision to spend a year working on achieving happiness.


Love you all and Stay inspired,





P.S. So let me know what you think. Have you ever used an instant camera? Do you own one? What's favorite type of camera: instant, DSLR, film or compact digital? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment