- Museums: art museums, science museums, local history museums, any kind of museum works. Think outside the box!
- Galleries: art galleries, but I personal love photo galleries.
- Theatres: community theatres, major production theatres, etc.
- Fairs: I don't know about you but there is the really pretty winter fair going on in Geneva right now, and I've gotta check it out before I leave.
- Circus: I dream of Cirque De Soleil. Have any of you ever been?
- Gardens/Parks: Some parks are so pretty that even winter barreness can't destroy their beauty.
- Go to the place and record what you love most about it, either by using a recorder, your notepad, sketchpad, anything that can help you freeze that moment in time.
- Let loose and have fun!
- When you get back write in your retreat notebook, go over your notes on the things that you loved the most and write how each thing made you feel.
- Brainstorm possible ways you could translate these things into your own art, and write them down.
I'm so checking out the fair I mentioned earlier. I've past it at night before and it looks even more beautiful then. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.
P.S. So let me know what you think. What place(s) are you/will you be going? Why? Have you been there before? And what do you love about them? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.