Friday, January 15, 2010

Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power of change

Photo from: paida70


Dearest Devotees,

This week has been hella crazy for me (and I'm sure quite a few out there can relate). You see, I had to pack to go back to Boston on Sunday and ended up staying up all night packing the night before I travelled. Usually, this would not seem like such a bad idea to many people because you would think that, it being a 6 hour and a 2 hour flight and all, I could just catch up on my sleep on the plane, and this is what I planned to do. This was a bad idea because:
  1. I was naturally physically exhausted because of the whole packing all night thing.


  2. I had (conveniently) forgotten how tiring travelling is in itself.


  3. I had also forgotten that I would be jetlagged by virtue of travelling through not 1, not 2 but 6 time zones!


Needless to say that when I got to the luggage carel and found out that one of my bags was missing I was not pleased. It was only when I that I found that I was close to tears because of my missing luggage that I realised how bad it was. That night, for the first time in years I went to sleep at 9pm! The perpetual night owl in me (i.e. the crazy girl that sleeps at 3-4 am regardless of circumstances) has been conquered. And not a moment too soon because what with all the art classes (My intro costume production class, figure drawing, costume design 1, acting) and my other equally lovely but more mentally challenging than physically challenging classes- like intermediate microeconomics and reading shakespeare- that I'm taking this semester I'm going to need all the rest I can get.



Lesson of the tale: Change is good but usually a lot of hard work. Routines are comfortable but people are dynamic and so is life. I didn't put off packing until the last minute because I did not want my holidays routine to change. But not preparing for change did not stop it from happening and now that it has happened it has improved the person I am. Remember that you can't stay stuck in the same place forever. Therefore, realise the importance of change, embrace it and accept that it tends to involve effort on your part in order to be fully realised. Be aware of that and keep the goal in sight so it can lead you to a better place.



Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know think. What experiences have you undergone recently that involved a change in routine? Where you excited about the change? Did it give you instant fufillment or is it more of a long term goal? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment