Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trendlight: Princess Pea Coats


Picture from: Overstock




Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are the sassy and fabulously feminine way to look gorgeous in the deathly cold of the winter while keep toasty warm. Since, I came back from Christmas holidays, Boston has gotten distinctly warmer, and I think this may be the reason for the switch from the thick North Face parkas that were dominant in December to these cuter and categorically more chic forms of outerwear. Either that, or people just decided to take advantage of the after-Christmas sales period. Whatever the reason be though, I am hugely ecstatic because of the result. Their mix of stylish elegance and quirky modernity gives me shivers and reminds me of something a present-day princess would wear for an informal occasion. Dearest devotees, I implore you to indulge and submit to the powers of cuteness of this trend. But if you're not entirely convinced yet here are a couple more reasons to hunt for your own princess pea coat.




    Picture from: Guess


  1. They are fabulous seasonal transition pieces: Since they are still warm coats but not bulky in nature, they are the perfect pieces to aid in transiting your wardrobe into spring. A lot of them come in really bold colours and prints that make you stand out against the dull winter days left and hail in spring as it comes. They are also really good for dressing up and down your winter outfits, in case you need to go from day to night.
  2. Picture from: Forever 21


  3. They come in a budget-friendly price range: Check Forever 21, and Macy's for easier to handle prices. If you want to splurge on the perfect one though, do it!




  4. They are really good potential signature pieces: Right now, everyone is abuzz with the need to find a signature piece and I could not agree more. Your signature piece represents your personality in a physical way and becomes a key component of your personal style. The variety of colours, prints, cuts and styles of these coats available makes it really easy to find pieces that truly reflect your personality, and therefore would make a great signature piece.


Talking to you about my love affair with these coats has increased my desire for one. Pleated, belted, plaid and red princess pea coat, here I come!





Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. Would you buy one of these adorable coats? Do you already have one? How does it look? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment