Monday, March 1, 2010

Seeking Inspiration: I want to live fully and completely

Photo from: stavanger

...what if I had given everything? Instead of going through the motions.


Dearest Devotees,

Too often we get bogged down by the grunt of everyday life. We fall into a tentative routine, end up in a style rut, or get buried under a mountain of things of chores, responsibilities and requirements. We forget to appreciate the little things and overlook the beauty of the proverbial rose garden, only seeing the weeds among it that we have to get rid of. Remaining in this
state of dryness be it spiritual, mental, emotional or otherwise is not a good way to live. Life is to be enjoyed, it is far too short to let it pass you by. It You deserve much more than a mediocre life. You deserve a Life Extraordinaire .

How to live a Life Extraordinaire:

  • Set epic life goals that are more to do with you enjoying yourself and being happy as opposed to being centered on you being 'successful'.
  • Love everything you love completely. Don't just give your heart halfway, give everything you've got. Let the people you love know you love them, and be in a career that gets you totally pumped to start each day (or at least most days).
  • Surround yourself with genuinely lovely people that accept you for who you are and that you care about deeply. You can't bring these people everywhere you go but knowledge that they are there will keep you from despair when they are not right there with you.
  • Take time every once in a while to just be. Have laze around days. Treat yourself to an early night. Go for a walk in a gorgeous sunflower field. Jump in rain puddles. Freeing yourself from constant straining activity keeps insanity at bay and refreshes your outlook on life.



Photo from: Tim Walker


I didn't care what anyone said. I was going to skate in the costume my grandmother made me. She had worked so hard on it, ever since the night I came home and announced I had made it into the my school's figure skating fairytale finals. I had been practicing a solo to Swan Lake for ages now and was just saying how I needed to have a stunning costume to capture everyone 's attention in the school. After working steadily on it for two weeks, she gave me the costume two nights ago saying how excited she would be to see me win it. Once I saw the costume I knew two things:

It would definitely catch everyone's attention.

I would be the butt of every joke in my seventh grade class for ages to come.


I fretted over if I should wear it when at dress rehearsal for the opening act, the other dancers did not try to hide their amusement.

"Hey it's Big Bird!" yelled one girl, and everyone broke into laughter.

After practice, the same girl came and told me that if I had any brains at all, I would not bother to show up the next day. That made me mad.

I told her I would be there, in my costume and that I would demolish her on the ice.
I was so sure of myself yesterday.
And now, standing beside the ice, in the line for the opening act I wondered if I had been wrong.
***

Three hours later...

Oh. MY. GOD! I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't see past the tears of joy that are streaming down my face. I feel someone's arms grab me as I'm pulled against them.

'I've never been so proud my beautiful granddaughter.' I look up into my grandma's teary eyes.

All the scorn and ridicule and general stress had been totally worth it.


Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. How do you translate what you see in the photo above? Do you live fully? What does living fully mean to you? What inspired you this week? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment