Friday, September 18, 2009

Love and Relationships: The Brainwash


I wrote this poem based on a song I wrote a long time ago. The song was about a male friend I had who was one of my best and closest friends. We were always there for each other and told each other everything. But, one day, over night it seemed, he began to distance himself from me

while trying to fit into the structured role of a "guy" our environment at the time. He became someone I didn't know and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I wrote a song called " Falling Apart" in order to express my feelings. I recently tapped into those feelings again when a new friend of mine asked me to sing the song for her, and was once again moved to write.





Here is the poem. Enjoy, but more importantly, feel.


The Brainwash

They came
And
They took you away from me.
A group called Society.
Made you into something I could never have foreseen.
And in one stealthy and lethal swipe
Brainwashed you and completely destroyed my dreams, our dreams.

They stole.
Everything that could have been,
Had Fate not signed that shady deed,
leaving us to Chance and Uncertainty
and all alone to fend for ourselves
in that dark and dreary world, a world of mystery.

You promised we'd stick together
and that nothing could break our bond.
But then Society came around
and they took you away from me.
They made you believe that what we had was wrong.
That the differences between you and me should somehow have made us see.
And that we should have known deep down all along,
that it just wasn't meant to be.
So you left.
And I wept.
But don't worry.
I can look back now and feel no tears down my cheeks.
I can finally find the words that I thought would never come to me.
I've made peace with what you did to me.
And
I sincerely hope that
Now
you are truly happy.


By: Aury
Love you all and Stay inspired,






P.S. So let me know what you think. Has a similar situation in which a close friend seems to completely change over night, leaving you wondering what went wrong? What did you do in the situation? And what do you think of the poem. Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment