Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life's a Debate: "Does this come in Pretty?"

While traipsing round stores on our local high street in search of certain necessities for the average college girl in New England (read: rainboots and flannel sheets), I approached a not-so-unusual hurdle. You see, it has been about 6 months or so since I was first able to correctly identify my personal style, and was originally super pumped about finally having the opportunity to remake and recreate my wardrobe accordingly. But as I scoured the stores and malls for the perfect (insert college necessity here), I discovered that finding the quirky and unusual forms of my needs would not be easy in the least. Don't believe me? Well then, explain why it took me 8 hours of searching all over the city to find a normal duvet (not flannel) that I could make do with for the first couple of weeks? I mean, my personal style is primarily bohemian, it really shouldn't be that difficult to find bedding that appeals to me.

But it was.

And as days go bye, it gets harder and harder to cling on to this sense of self that I acquired when I identified my style. One day, after looking at the same selection of sports bras that I had seen in the six previous stores I moaned in frustration, 'Why doesn't this come in pretty?'.

Just because you'll only wear something to the gym doesn't mean that it can't look good. Where, I ask you, does it say that one must always sacrifice style for comfort? They aren't mutually exclusive. And I have proof too. I own some incredibly comfortable and cute white and silver trainers that have served me well and have not failed me yet(see above right). And like I mentioned once before, after hours of searching, I found this absolutely gorgeous plaid hoodie that I love to death. So I honestly believe that you can combine style and comfort. But, there must be some reason that so many people believe that you can't. I can't come up with any but I'm willing to learn, and open to all opinions. If you know them, please feel free to tell me.

Love you all and Stay inspired,




P.S So let me know what you think. Do you agree that style can be combined with comfort? Or do you believe the two can't or should never be combined? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment