Thursday, September 9, 2010

Artist's Corner: Poetry 101 by 8 year old Aury



Hi Darlings!

So I was rooting through a pile of papers while unpacking earlier this week and stumbled upon the first poem I ever wrote. I got a kick out of it, and thought that I should share it with you guys. I was 8 so this poem is probably the equivalent of basic doodling and scribbles by future artists.

Blue

Blue is the colour of the sea
Blue is the colour of the sky
Blue is the colour that we feel
when our happiness goes sailing by

Blue is the colour of the lake
Blue is the colour for goodness sake
that shows what we can be
But above all, isn't it pretty?


What can I say? Blue was my favorite colour back then and I just loved waxing poetic about it.

Love you all and Stay inspired,

P.S. So, do you have any of your old art work/ writings that you have stumbled on years later? How do you feel when you see these things? What does it tell you about that time? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment