Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reasons for My Smile: Beautiful music, letters from family and finding the silver lining

Dearest Devotees,

I've gotta admit this week has been pretty trying, but if there is anything I've learnt this semester it's that there will always be trying times in life, the only way to get through them is by doing my best and refusing to let them get me down. If I let the bad things get me down, then I may get to that awful place where I am unable to do anything to get myself out of it. I know that bad experiences sometimes inspire people to create but I've also realised that I can become so paralyzed by negativity that I am unable to even create. To stop this from happening, and to stay strong even in the face of adversity, I have learnt to look for the good things in my life and be grateful for them. By taking time out of my week to focus on these good things I am able to see that everything usually really isn't as bad as it seems. This is why I've decided to start writing about the things that have made me happy during the week.

Some of the reasons for my smile this week include:

  • Decorating my dorm room and looking for fall things to add to it.
  • Finishing 2 of my midterms without going crazy over them.
  • Preparing for an amazing Theology of the Body seminar this weekend. It will be epic.
  • Finding out what Inception: A musical in limbo as well as what Inception: The Musical is.
  • Starting to ease my way back into a blogging schedule.
  • My new-to-me-vintage-thrifted trunk!!!
  • Buying fabric for my Halloween costume- I'm making it and I'm going as Susie Carmichael from Rugrats
  • Having a deep conversation about Harry Potter over dinner.
  • Realising that my heart has been healed :)
  • Realising that I no longer have self-esteem issues or stage fright :)
  • Starting to catch up with life and all my obligations.
  • Getting an awesome email from my parents :)
  • Listening to beautiful music like There For You by Flyleaf, Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade, and Girls and Boys by Ingrid Michaelson.
  • Contacting my siblings
  • Hanging out with the awesome people God has blessed me with.
  • Swing-Dancing: I'm getting really good.
  • Going for adoration- it's just amazing and really calming.
  • Trying to transition this blog into my new vision for it.
  • Reading Mini-Shopaholic on my Kindle!
  • Learning the true meaning of love.
Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. What are the reasons for your smile this week? Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment